My company, Starmaker Marketing, makes really cool websites and provides SEO services for companies like yours, primarily in Pine County and throughout Minnesota. In 2022, Starmaker Marketing joined the local Pine City Area Chamber of Commerce and we couldn’t be happier. It was such a small investment. I was shocked at the low fee considering all of the benefits we receive. Everyone has been really welcoming, and we’ve been experiencing many benefits already. I want to share some of the reasons why I joined.
If you’re a small business owner, joining your local chamber of commerce can be a great way to help your business grow and succeed. Here are the top 10 reasons why you should consider joining your local chamber of commerce:
- Networking: Chamber of Commerce events provide opportunities for networking with other local business owners and professionals. This can help you make important connections and find new customers.
- Credibility: Being a member of your local Chamber of Commerce can help establish your business as a reputable and trustworthy entity in the community.
- Professionalism: The Pine City Chamber of Commerce membership shows other businesses that I take my business seriously, and that I’m a professional. It demonstrates that I invest time into my community and value the relationships I forge with other businesses.
- Resources: Chambers of Commerce provide a wealth of resources and tools for helping your business succeed, including marketing materials, educational programs, and business directories.
- Discounts: Many Chambers of Commerce offer discounts and deals to their members, which can help you save money on things like office supplies, insurance, or professional services. Chamber Bucks is a fun program to participate in, in Pine City and I enjoy the door prizes you can win at our events.
- Exposure: By joining your local Chamber of Commerce, you can get your business in front of a wider audience through member directories, sponsorships, and social media promotions. I love the advertising value and benefits we receive from being listed on the Chamber website. I specialize in SEO and if you want to talk about SEO value, let’s talk!
- Community involvement: The Chamber of Commerce is often involved in a variety of community events and initiatives, giving you the opportunity to get involved and give back to your local community.
- Peer support: Being part of a Chamber of Commerce helps you connect with other business owners who understand the challenges and opportunities of running a small business. I’ve had many wonderful conversations which have been informational and educational (and some have turned quite humorous and very unique).
- Access to mentors: Some Chambers of Commerce offer mentorship programs which connect you with experienced business owners who can provide guidance and support. The Chamber does a great job of providing weekly updates with access to information, and quite frankly, there are a ton of members who are worthy as mentors. They have years of experience and I enjoy listening to them talk. They have vast amounts of business experience to share.
In summary, joining your local Chamber of Commerce can provide a variety of benefits for your small business, including networking opportunities, credibility, advocacy, resources, discounts, exposure, community involvement, peer support, and access to mentors. If you’re looking to grow and succeed as a small business owner, joining your local Chamber of Commerce is a step in the right direction.
Wait, did you catch that? I said I was going to give you 10 reasons, but there are only 9. I may have just done that on purpose in order to give you an opportunity of discovering the 10th on your own. There are far more than 10 good reasons to join. When you call me to talk about getting your business website updated, or to strategize ways to rank higher on Google through SEO consulting, or to get more sales through advertising, we can also discuss other benefits of the Chamber. I will be thrilled to bring you to the next event as my guest.
– Joel Virtue
Starmaker Marketing, Owner
c: (612) 730-0351